Reference Librarian – Washington, DC
Position: Reference Librarian
City: Washington, DC
Facility: Overseas Private Investment Corporation
Experience: See below
Education: See below
Deadline: Open until filled
The incumbent provides both comprehensive and selective reference services in areas of interest to OPIC, as well as working on a number of Information Center related tasks.
- Provides reference/research services to support OPIC’s mission and programs with an strong emphasis in the areas of international business research (companies and markets), project finance, and foreign direct investment to OPIC staff and other patrons using OPIC’s specialized library.
- Research provided by the incumbent is of an advanced nature and frequently necessitates going beyond the normal electronic and print resources in order to provide detailed response.
- Provides Character Reference Due Diligence (CRDD) research utilizing selected Lexis/Nexis public records files and other Internet based resources.
- Provides general information support to OPIC staff including participation in OPIC Information Center outreach/marketing programs, instructing staff on the use of the Information Center’s electronic resources, and provides follow-up on selected topics/research.
- Works on special projects at the request of the Information Center Manager…
- Responsible for the creation, distribution and management of selected news alerts.
- Participates in trials of potential new online information services and products as assigned by the Information Center Manager.
- Supports the Information Center’s SharePoint based Intranet page by updating the Feature of the Week on a rotating basis with other staff members and other web page related tasks as assigned by the Information Center Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Solid foundation in providing reference services in a business library environment.
- Recent experience using key business resources such as Lexis company library, Dun & Bradstreet directories, credit rating services including S&P and Fitch
- Proficient with a variety of generalized and specialized electronic information systems/ services including LexisNexis (command version) and Factiva.
- Detailed knowledge of the reference process from the reference interview to packing research results for a client in a value-added format.
- Ability to focus on details and to provide accurate statistics, logs and reports.
- Ability to devise unorthodox and creative research approaches to respond to OPIC project related requests.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and the Internet.
- Must be open to taking direction and willing to follow established policies/procedures.
- Experienced in prioritizing projects, meeting deadlines and contributing effectively within a small group environment.
- Must be team oriented with excellent interpersonal communications skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the library and with library clientele.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, information intense environment where attention to detail is critical to the successful completion of the agency’s mission.
Submission of online Application Form below required. Resume and cover letter may be attached after submission of required application.
*** IMPORTANT *** You may upload your cover letter and resume after you fill out the online application. Please feel free to print a copy for your records prior to submitting the form.
Email: Director, Human Resources
12850 Middlebrook Road, Suite 400
Germantown, MD 20874-5244
LSSI Is an Equal Opportunity Employer